Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Making Family History FUN!

I just made the funnest interactive family tree!!! I used a 18x24 poster from www.storiesthatlive.com and taped it to a 18x24 metal sheet (you can get these at your local heating and cooling store). Then I made magnets using a 12x12 scrapbook page and a sheet of 2x2 tiles from Home Depot.

I laminated the poster and attached the pictures to the tiles with Mod Podge then hot glued the magnet to the back.

Jace and I just tried it out. He went from saying "Who's that?" to "Can we do it again, that's fun"

If you want to learn more about how to make this attend Heritage Makers Master class tomorrow August 27th.

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 7:00 PM MDT
Topic: From Page to Project
Instructor: Lynda Angelastro
Studio Product Manager Lynda Angelastro and her Guest Presenter show many giftable ways to use Heritage Makers art. (I'm the guest presenter)
Click here to register.

To get started on your own family tree please contact me at heidi@storiesthatlive.com


5 comments:

Hot Mamma said...

That is great I love it!! What a great idea!

Lisa Nelson said...

That looks so fun!!! I can't wait to make one too. Thanks for sharing.

camille said...

That is so darling! You are amazing!

Sara H. said...

Is this in the template gallery? If not will you transfer the project to me? I love it! About how much does it cost to make it?

Mindi said...

I found your website through Lisa Nelson...is this template of the tree in the template gallery? I'd love to make one as well! If you can let me know that'd be great! jmallen4@hotmail.com
Thanks!