Monday, November 15, 2010

Double Duty


These darling pumpkins are doing double duty. They were adorable during Halloween and they are perfect for Thanksgiving too! The whole table decor is 100% HM. The "give thanks" is made out of a deck of cards, the little blocks below the post bound book are made using a 12x12 pg and then gluing onto wood, the "blessing bucket" is also made out of a 12x12 pg, you just glue the pieces onto the paint bucket (found at craft stores) and tie ribbon and fabric on the handle. We've had fun each Monday night adding our blessings to the "blessing bucket". We'll read all our blessing on Thanksgiving and then I'll publish them in a square flip book along with pictures of the kids. What a great way to document the things we're grateful for for the next generation. I would LOVE to have a copy of the items my great grandma was thankful for when she was a young mother my age... I'm sure her list would vary greatly from ours and definitely wouldn't include things like the ...internet, cars, cell phones, indoor plumbing, digital cameras, etc. But I do know there would be some similarities on the list... family, friends, good health, and the gospel.

Here's a preview of what my flip book is going to look like (but with my pictures and blessings inside:)

No comments: